Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday morning notes

Upon rising

A bit more calm after days of ferocious winds
A one coat, one wind breaker day
No rain
Traffic? Yes.

Before opening the gate (8-ish a.m.)

Robins busy pulling long worms up from between the classroom and storage room

After opening the gate

Walk to the gate was gentle, not so deep an arm/wing waving dance; waved to the dump truck driver going up Thompson Road (I see him and that truck often; wonder what's happen up there?)
Greeting the gate and noticed the lichen, the Usnea (need to gather new Usnea and prepare a tincture for chest remedy)
Went to the pots for a bit of drumming ... the sounds are fun to make hear ... new ones come with practice.
Greeted the Honeysuckle which is showing signs of new growth
Walked up to the middle gate, and as I did there was the Raven Couple ... I could hear them chortling to each other ... greeted them and waved ... I think there waved back
Our Raspberry Patch is a favorite spot for the Sparrow Family ... left them to their activity and walked through the rest of the garden patches noticing how other gardeners do things. I wonder who is the garden who used old mattress springs for trellising beans?
Mullein in the Calyx Garden is still very green
More thinking about what to plant in our garden ... Pots or in the ground planting of medicine herbs?
Echinacea (for her root); Motherwort (flowers); St. Joan's

Other kilo 

Very nice Dandelion growing under the table at Jodie Crane's farm stand
I have been using Dandelion stem glue for the spot on my face (started that last Summer)

Ordered today a new tincture of Yellow Dock for belly remedy on hand
Ordered St. Joan's Wort from Julie Nunn a couple days ago ... another first-aid basic for me

Yesterday ...

I drove to Greenbank for an afternoon date with myself (Pete was with JC watching football)
in the Wetlands I saw Pussy Willow in full bloom

Last night
Hina was already heading west and in a Ku phase, not quite 'Ole, and beautiful in her left-handed sickle look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you observe in your place.

First Frost

Magic was alive this morning when I stepped out the door just after 8 am. Fog was settling into a crisp morning with a sky clear with stars...