Sunday, February 18, 2018

Snowy Sunday Morning and a three Eagle afternoon

I cajoled Pete from his warm place in the kitchen, next to the heat .... 
and we went for 'a walk'


 The forecast for snow was right on. I woke (at 4 am) to what I thought was the brightness of the Ku Moons (the early quarters) but a'ole, no, it was the brightness of Poliahu, the snow goddess.
One of my favorite snow and ice sculptures pile onto the heads of dried Fennel blossoms.

Later in the afternoon ...

The sun broke through the clouds and the sky is beautiful. Birds, especially the raptors are busy in the sky. My head pulled to large wing-shadows in the upland. I waited. My patience paid off as I watched an Eagle flying very low behind the vardo; I was standing in the pavilion and tucked behind the wall to observe. I know he or she could see me. Within a few minutes two more Eagles flew from the upland; one of them had dinner. I heard the scream of fear. All three headed for the Cottonwood nest.

I walked out to the Pea Patches via the orchard and the Calyx Bee Projects. The wind must have blown both gates open. Wow! The North Wind is a blustery cold. I noted the sound of the Dangling Pots and Pans. Hmmm... they are particularly attractive to the North Wind.

Water is puddling in and beyond Lesedi Farm.

Dandelion is blossoming, I asked for a bit of stalk for its sap. Thank you Heart of the Lion.

At the edge of the pavilion cement floor I spotted a nice growth of Laukahi (Plantain) and asked and pulled one leaf for an afternoon nibble. Sweet and tender green. Thank you.

Thoughts of how we might incorporate Water-Catchers into our garden patch are swirling in my imagination. Good food for though throughout the week, as the 'Ole Phases will come Wednesday? No, Thursday.

Days are getting longer. 4:30 and the sun is still up with another hour (or so) of light.

Forecast is for cold, into the 20's, this evening.

It's still winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you observe in your place.

First Frost

Magic was alive this morning when I stepped out the door just after 8 am. Fog was settling into a crisp morning with a sky clear with stars...